Friday, July 11, 2008

Well, this makes me look dumb.

After I went out of my way to add a statement to my previous post stating that I didn't think Frank's article should be an indictment on what I think of Hot Stove New York as a site, an article came out with the following title:

Is AROD Batting For Both Teams????

In case you were wondering: he's implying Alex Rodriguez is bisexual.

There's writing that seeks to enlighten, there's writing that seeks to entertain. This, unfortunately, is an example of everything that Buzz Bissinger went on Costas Now and railed against, of every bad stereotype of blogging and internet writing in general: an unfunny, uninteresting, juvenile rant on A-Rod's possible sexual proclivities. My favorite line?
By no means is any of this remotely fact, but you can’t eliminate the possibility that it’s possible, and perhaps even likely.

Just, wow.

No comments: